From hot dogs, parks, and ice cream to beaches, bubbles, and sunsets; New York City in the summer time is no doubt one of the most entertaining places to be. Even if you don’t live here and are only visiting for some time, you can bet that there’s always something to look forward to at any point during the week (rain or shine)! To keep up-to-date on current events going on, I always make sure to pick up the latest issue of New York’s TimeOut weekly magazine (you must definitely give it a look too if you haven’t yet).
Since moving here over a year ago, this was the first summer that Scott and I were able to enjoy in the city from start to finish, and I must say that it was jam-packed with mostly outdoor activities…so much that I forgot to apply sunscreen one day and got a terrible sunburn! But I’ll save that story for another day. Instead, I’m just going to share with you a round-up of some of our favorite places, eats, and things to see from this past summer.
- #strangersinmyfeed in Prospect Park
- Blue Marble Icecream at Smorgasburg
- @lunasavestheday in Washington Square Park
- 2nd Floor of Strand Bookstore
- Views from The Highline
- Cherry greatness in Union Square Greenmarket
- Views of Coney Island Beach on a hot summer day
- Nathan’s Famous Hot Dogs and eating contest
- Frozen yogurt from Culture (aka: my most favorite place to grab some)
- Walking the Brooklyn Bridge (Manhattan Bound)
- Sunset views of the Skyline in Brooklyn Bridge Park
Now that it’s the first day of fall (woohoo!), I can only imagine and cannot wait to see what this next season in the city will bring. What are you looking forward to most about this fall?