Don’t you just love it when things work out? The timing was perfect this month that the arrival of both of our Birchboxes came just days before Jamie and Scott’s planned visit to Columbus. This means we were able to open our boxes in person and not over Skype as we had to before.
1. SMARTY PANTS, All-in-One Fiber Gummies for Weight Management – I’m not sure if I believe these vitamins actually have anything healthy in them. They taste way too delicious to be true. However, at almost $50.00 for a 30-day supply they better taste that way!
2. PIXI, Shea Butter Lip Balm – I am pretty sure this shade of coral crush was made for my skin type. It is the perfect blend of orange and pink and goes on like butter (thus the name?). I would put this as one of my favorites of all time. Definitely a buy.
3. SMASHBOX COSMETICS, Photo Finish Foundation Primer – My other favorite from this month. This primer really does a wonderful job at smoothing out skin tone and making my face feel fresh before applying foundation. Love.
4. CAUDALINE, Polyphenol C15 Overnight Detox Oil – This sample right here is the reason that Birchbox is such a hit. This overnight skin renewing oil is so fabulous I am pretty sure I turned into Grace Kelly after applying it. While I do not feel my skin was purified a full $65.00 dollars worth, those six little drops did make me feel pretty fab.
5. COOLA, Coola Environmental Repair Plus Radical Recovery After-Sun Lotion – Oh Birchbox, how did you know that I am forever a slow learner and require at least one burn at the beginning of each summer before I learn my lesson? Thanks for the sample to get me through my lobster days.
1. HARNEY & SONS FINE TEAS, Organic Green Tea with Mint + Roobios Chai Tea – This allergy season has been really rough on my sinuses, so I was okay with the fact that Birchbox sent me another set of tea bags…and you really cannot go wrong with these basic yet delicious flavors!
2. NOYA BEAUTY, Lip Gloss (Summertime Peach) – I seriously thought this was another perfume sample because of the packaging and almost threw a hissy fit about it (just ask Kate)! I’ve received three now in the last five months, and the last sample just did not cut it. But thankfully it wasn’t! I really love the color of this gloss, but the consistency of it is a bit too waxy for me.
3. COLOR CLUB, Art Duo Pen – I really love how this polish has two applicators in one! It’s so versatile and I can easily create lines and/or dots in a jiffy to spice up my nails. I also love this brand of polish since receiving another kind from this line that went on thick and lasted forever.
4. SUPERGOOP!, Everyday SPF 30 with Cellular Response Technology – With summer being almost officially here, I am definitely excited to use this product in order to protect my skin! It seems light and not very oily, which is something that would work great for my skin type.
5. WISH, Shave Crave Shaving Cream (Acai Grapefruit) – Oh goodness. I hate to say it, but this product smells straight-up like vomit! I have been using it every other day in the shower simply to use it up…but every time I apply it to my skin, I hold my breath and shave the area as fast as I can. Seriously. I am sorry Birchbox, but this does not smell like an acai-grapefruit mixture.
Jamie & Kate